Re: voice pitch not changing when capitalizing a letter

Dan Thompson

I totally agreen

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Giles Turnbull
Sent: Tuesday, August 22, 2017 1:20 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] voice pitch not changing when capitalizing a letter

I agree that it's when I'm proof reading that I find the beep for capitals helpful. I have a configuration profile for editing documents before I submit them anywhere, in which I have the punctuation level set to all, and slow the speed down a little, and it would be helpful to have the beep for a capital sounding as I move through the document line by line, rather than having to navigate to the specific place where there should be a capital letter so I can hear the beep as I move by character.

I don't believe the change in pitch for capitals is audible at all unless the Say Cap for Capitals seting is on. Even with it set to 100, I don't hear any change in pitch with Microsoft Zira voice without that audible Cap announcement and, for me, that's more of a distraction than it's worth when I'm editing.

Giles