From: Kevin Cussick via Groups.Io
Sent: Tuesday, August 22, 2017 4:29 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] what in the world is happening with firefox and nvda

Hi,   I use defender and it just works,   but still having these pesky

problems when testing the RC version I sure hope they catch this before

the next version hits the masses!

On 22/08/2017 20:06, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

> I just use MSE, I don't really use anything else, it just works.

> Take care all.

>> On Aug 22, 2017, at 12:52 AM, Shaun Everiss <sm.everiss@...

>> <mailto:sm.everiss@...>> wrote:

>> Well to be honest I'd just reinstall windows.

>> hitman is made by sophos now.

>> I am still searching for a good antivirus, I'd prefur not to pay

>> expensive subscriptions for something that may or may not stay

>> accessible though.

>> And if it is accessible, I want it to be msse accessible in other

>> words, I want it to fully work with either an addon or not.

>> Thats the way its going to have to be.

>> Msse is good access wize, but protection wize well I want something

>> that is easy to put exclusions for blind games and the like, I want

>> something I can control and configure easily and I want something

>> which performs and does not bog down the system or add extra unwanted

>> things.

>> I also want to trust my security program and not have to bother withit

>> unless I need to msse does that.

>> I need something with a accessible interface that uses standard

>> controls, etc.

>> If it needs to be a subscription for my 3 pc network and maybe others

>> I want something low cost to.

>> An entire suite will be nice I guess but its not needed.

>> On 22/08/2017 2:21 p.m., Gene wrote:

>>> Maybe files have been unregistered by the program but I'd be worried

>>> that files have been removed.  Does the program quaranteen files or

>>> just remove them?

>>> Also, does the person have system restore points from before the

>>> problem started?

>>> And if files have been removed that are Windows files, not just

>>> unregistered, and if no restore points are available from before the

>>> time the problem started, is there a way to repair Windows that will

>>> restore the files?  I don't know enough about repairing Windows or

>>> having Windows replace missing files to comment further.

>>> Gene

>>> happens.

>>> Tony

>>> On 8/21/2017 8:55 PM, Gene New Zealand wrote:

>>>   Hi Tony

>>>   I know the first email from off my website that fixed my problem

>>> but it has to be done exactly the way it was sent.

>>>   The later one for windows 10 i was not aware of until i posted a

>>> attachments and jamie pointed me towards the comments on the others.

>>> I see they were for windows 7 and 8 and 10 and there were some

>>> patches but i think they were for 7 and 8?

>>>   hopefully they get it sorted. If or when it fixes it get them to

>>> save a restore point in windows.

>>>   Gene nz

>>>   On 22/08/2017 12:49, Tony Ballou wrote:

>>> Hey Gene,

>>> Thanks for this information mate. Because registry editing may come into

>>> play, I explained what was happening in Firefox to my partners earlier

>>> today. I've sent them the stuff you gave me and we will give the

>>> solutions a try. I'll keep you posted on how things workout.

>>> Tony

>>> https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/2807#issuecomment-320149243

>>> This is what i just copied off it and there looks to be a reg patch but

>>> think it is for windows 7 or 8.

>>> 8. On Windows 10 (both 32 and 64 bit), also enter the following command:

>>> c:\windows\system32\regsvr32

>>> c:\windows\system32\OneCoreCommonProxyStub.dll

>>> 9. On Windows 10 64 bit, also enter the following command:

>>> c:\windows\syswow64\regsvr32

>>> c:\windows\syswow64\OneCoreCommonProxyStub.dll

>>> Gene nz

>>> On 21/08/2017 09:13, Tony Ballou wrote:

>>> Hey Gene,

>>> It has said unknown in Thunderbird yes indeed. I haven't played with

>>> edge.  However, I am seeing many of those symptoms that you're talking

>>> about in Firefox .

>>> Tony

>>> On 8/20/2017 5:05 PM, Gene New Zealand wrote:

>>> Hi tony

>>> can you tell me if nvda is doing any of the following? In all browsers

>>> is he saying unknown or will not speak the contents of the web page? did

>>> the page fully load try the f5 key to do this or use the nvda key + f5

>>> key and see if it plays nicely?

>>> Does he work in microsoft edge and read out the contents?

>>> Down on the running application area on the task bar does nvda speak any

>>> of the programs there?

>>> When you hit the applications key does nvda speak any of the menus as

>>> you arrow down it?

>>> If you are running mozilla thunder bird does it say unknown as you tab

>>> into it or try to get to messages or the menus it would be the same for

>>> mozilla fire fox.

>>> Gene nz

>>> On 21/08/2017 08:32, Tony Ballou wrote:

>>> howdy mates

>>> for some reason nVDA and firefox are having quite a time getting along

>>> with each other now.  When web pages come up you get the announcement

>>> that the page is up, however, nothing else works. Tabbing through the

>>> page for links, browse mode keystrokes, everything appears to be shot.

>>> Does anyone know what happened, and a fix for it if there is one? Very

>>> strange indeed.  using the latest versions of both windows 10 pro and

>>> NVda.

>>> Tony

>>>   --

>>>       Check out my website for NVDA tutorials and other blindness

>>> related material at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net Regardless of

>>> where you are in New Zealand if you are near one of the APNK sites

>>> you can use a copy of the NVDA screen reader on one of their

>>> computers. To find out which locations (or location) is near to you

>>> http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.org/content/partner-libraries

>>> https://certification.nvaccess.org/. The certification page contains