From: "nasrin khaksar" <nasrinkhaksar3@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2017 1:31 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA and Libreoffice

me too.
i downgraded to 5.2, but still calc is inaccessible for me.
every version has many new features for sighted and compatibility for
screen readers!
i completely agree with you walmir.
whats the solution?
should i realy migrate to openoffice?
please advise.

On 8/24/17, Walmir Schultz via Groups.Io
<wsautodidata=yahoo.com.br@groups.io> wrote:
Hi,

I am very desappointed with LibreOffice.

Each update brings new compatibility issues with NVDA.

I even downgraded to LibreOffice 5.2 as the only way to minimize the
annoyances.

Em 23/08/2017 22:30, Quentin Christensen escreveu:
I think to summarise the thread, LibreOffice tends to be updated more
often, and more features are accessible. Open Office is still being
updated. I just downloaded the latest version to have another look at
myself.

Re your user, if what they mostly need is a word processor rather than
a full office suite, Jarte is a popular stand-alone word processor.

Another option is Google Docs and Google Sheets etc.

Yes there are potential bugs with the different office suites, and it
depends on exactly what you need to do as to which will best suit your
needs. For instance, yes the mouse bug I mentioned in LibreOffice
causes a fairly bad crash, but if you are a user who doesn't use the
mouse, then you won't encounter it.

On Thu, Aug 24, 2017 at 11:10 AM, Shaun Everiss <sm.everiss@gmail.com
<mailto:sm.everiss@gmail.com>> wrote:

This is serious guys I am trying to teach someone here to use an
office like program that is not expensive ms office, how am I
supposed to use it if there are issues with it that may pop up, I
havn't yet fully started with it but I am half on the way to
getting them to spend the cash on ms office which they allready
know, should I ignore libre and go back to openoffice, wps office
or something else entirely.

On 23/08/2017 11:18 p.m., Walmir Schultz via Groups.Io wrote:

So, this is one more issue in using NVDA and LibreOffice..
together.

I've described many of them here, but don't expect them to be
solved because apparently there is no communication between
the developers of both software.

Em 22/08/2017 22:19, Quentin Christensen escreveu:

Using NVDA 2017.3 rc1 and LibreOffice Writer 5.3.4.2 I did
the following:

- Opened Word 2016 (I didn't have an old Word 2003
document handy) and typed a few words, saved as Word 97 -
2003 format .doc.
- Opened LibreOffice Writer.
- Opened the document I'd saved.
- Read through document, added some text.
- Saved document, and when prompted, saved in Office 2003
format.

I did notice at that point, the NVDA seemed to lose focus.
Pressing alt twice to go into the menu and back, or
alt+tab to something else and back fixed the issue though.

I tried again and had no problems, although I got the lose
focus thing at one point moving through the text. I
didn't find a concrete way to reproduce that. It's
annoying, but it didn't bring the system down or
anything. The focus itself was still in the document, so
I could still move around and edit, it was just that NVDA
wasn't reading properly so I expect it wouldn't be evident
with NVDA not running. Nothing untoward in the NVDA log
though. I have noticed occasional issues with LibreOffice
so not sure if this is related to using a Word 2003 doc,
or just a general LIbreOffice thing.

On Wed, Aug 23, 2017 at 5:55 AM, Don H <lmddh50@adams.net
<mailto:lmddh50@adams.net> <mailto:lmddh50@adams.net
<mailto:lmddh50@adams.net>>> wrote:

Running NVDA 2017.3 RC1 on a Win 10 system.
Just installed LibreOffice and attempted to open and
modify a MS
Office 2003 document. If I change the document and
select to save
it as the original .doc file type it crashes
LibreOffice to the
point of needing a hard reboot to clear it. Is this a
known issue
with trying to use LibreOffice with Microsoft Office
documents?
Thanks

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Basic Training for NVDA & Microsoft Word with NVDA
E-Books now available: http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Ph +61 7 3149 3306 <tel:%2B61%207%203149%203306>
<tel:%2B61%207%203149%203306>
www.nvaccess.org <http://www.nvaccess.org>
<http://www.nvaccess.org/>
<http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess>
Twitter: @NVAccess

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Ph +61 7 3149 3306 <tel:%2B61%207%203149%203306>
Twitter: @NVAccess

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is:
al-islam.org