Re: stopping the word clickable.

Kevin Huber

Thanks Gene:
I am rather new to JAWS, or, at least, haven't used it since version 4
so I really appreciate your help.

Kevin Huber

My recollection is that in JAWS, clickable is only said once when a
structure is encountered.

There is a setting in the quick settings dialog to stop this and mouse over
from being spoken. I don't know if it affects anything else. There appears
to be a way to have control over individual attributes but I haven't looked
into it.

To see the information I saw, do the following:
When your browser is opened and you are in the Virtual PC Cursor, open quick
settings with JAWS Key v. Then down arrow until you get to attributes
indicate. Change its state with the space bar. it's checked by default.
If you tab once, you will be in a help field where you can see information
about this setting and, evidently, how to control what is spoken for
individual attributes.
If you want to change the setting, change it and activate the ok button.

I believe the change is permanently saved, not per session.