From: "Quentin Christensen" <quentin@nvaccess.org>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, August 27, 2017 7:54 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA is freezing up and incredibly slow

A few people have found issues with the power settings in Windows 10. The
Power Settings try to throttle back your CPU to increase battery life, but
in practice, it often goes too far and impacts performance. Preventing it
from throttling back has fixed laginess and other problems for a number of
users.

Regards

Quentin.

On Sun, Aug 27, 2017 at 4:27 PM, Shaun Everiss <sm.everiss@gmail.com> wrote:

I also turn off a lot of scheduals I just don't have time for those on my
workstation but thats because I use it.

Now on the critical workstations in here I set all the schedualed scans
for night time round midnight as well as the schedualed updates and the
like.

Its a good time to get those done.

I control backups myself I want to make sure I have those sorted but yeah.

Critical stuff is on the cloud and the rest I keep the 2 backup drives
updated regularly.

As for the 2 other systems the workstation has a drive which we backup
every so often, the other server come workstation uses the seagate backup
manager type deal and every so often we connect the drive and let it sit
for 3 hours during runtime or at night then it backs itself up.

Sadly as we found out security and backup programs use a lot of resources.

On 27/08/2017 8:58 a.m., Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:

I have for example noticed that windows will often slow down if an
automatic back up is in progress. You would not normally know this was
going on of course and it to some extent depends on how and what to you
aare backing up. also sometimes some virus scanners can eat resources if
they scan incoming files or do scans with ahigh priority setting.
This was why I kicked out Avast originally.

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-