Re: Older threads on this list

Antony Stone

Do you mean that you have recently replied to an old thread, which hasn't
otherwise seen any activity for some time, and your new posting hasn't
appeared?

I don't see why the age of the last posting to a thread would make any
difference to whether a new comment in that thread appears or not.

As for threads being blocked by moderators, I know this has happened in a very
few cases, but was it really such a thread that you've seen (or not seen) a
recent reply not appearing on?

Antony.

On Sunday 27 August 2017 at 11:39:06, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io
wrote:

I have noticed recently that some posts to threads of some time ago, never
seem to appear ,while others do. Is there some time out on a thread if no
new posts are received in a given time?
I'm asking in public, as this might help others. I looked on groups.io
this morning but saw nothing.
On the other hand I guess the threads might have been blocked by the
moderators, but there seems to be no such post as there usually is when
this happens.
"Measuring average network latency is about as useful as measuring the mean
temperature of patients in a hospital."

- St├ęphane Bortzmeyer

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.