Re: Skype for Business notifications in latest NVDA snapshot

Jacques Stassen <j@...>

Hi Quentin, thanks for this. I don't get #7286 to work though. I have gone through all Skype for Business 2016 settings and do not find anything that indicates that it will have an influence on this new NVDA feature to work, or alternatively, not work. Hopefully someone else on the list can confirm that the feature works for them as advertised, with whom I can perhaps compare notes to see what the problem could be.

Jacques

On 27/08/2017 11:34, Quentin Christensen wrote:
Hi Jacques,
"Automatically report incoming messages", basically does what it says, if someone sends you a message on Skype for Business, you receive a notification.  Original issue: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/7281 and https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/7286
One of those issues deals with notifications for messages in existing chat windows, the other for new global notifications.  Skype for Business uses a non-standard implementation which required its own code to work from our end.
Regards
Quentin.
On Sat, Aug 26, 2017 at 1:27 PM, Jacques Stassen <j@stascom.co.za <mailto:j@stascom.co.za>> wrote:
Hi Quentin / All____
__ __
I posted a question on this a few days ago, but have not yet
received feedback. I am running the latest NVDA snapshot on a
Windows 10 Enterprise laptop, using Skype for Business 2016. The
below is quoted from the what's new section of NVDA.____
__ __
"• NVDA now automatically reports notifications in Skype for
Business Desktop, such as when someone starts a conversation with
you. (#7281) "____
__ __
Please clarify what could be expected from this new feature? Is it
supposed to read out new IM's when in the IM window, name of the
caller when a call comes in? I do not find any of these to be the
case, so need to know if specific settings need to be enabled to get
this to work.____
__ __
Thanks in advance.____
__ __