Re: best torrent client?

Gene

it doesn't make sure you don't get any additional programs.  It knows about a lot of unwanted programs and stops them.  It does not know about every unwanted program.  You still, as a computer user, should check whatever you are installing and/or the download page for any check boxes that relate to anything being installed or downloaded.  I believe that even the discussion of the Unchecky program on the web site makes this point.  When people install programs, they should not skip such explanatory material.  I am not talking about reading a long instruction manual.  I am saying that on web sites, when you are on a page about a program, there is often some sort of discussion about that program and, as I recall that is true of NVDA add ons as well.

Sent: Saturday, April 16, 2016 2:31 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] best torrent client?

One way to make sure that you don't get any adware when installing programs is to use Unchecky. It worked very well, and it manages to auto-deselect EA Download Manager/Origin when installing Sims 3 and other programs that have bundles. The installer is accessible, I tried with Jaws but NVDA should work too.