Re: what in the world is happening with firefox and nvda

Tony Ballou

Hi Shawn,

recently while working on 2 different PCS for 2 friends,  I found that
the closest thing that will perform in the ways you want is believe it
or not malware bytes. In both the paid and free versions, I was able to
create exceptions for programs which was what both of my clients needed,
without much of a problem, using the interface is a matter of tabbing
around the screen to the different parts of the program, and it is
accessible with NVDA. I am seriously considering making the jump to the
premium version of the program for both of my systems myself. It is
increasingly becoming more and more difficult to find antivirus and
security programs with decent accessibility support.

Tony

On 8/22/2017 3:52 AM, Shaun Everiss wrote:

Well to be honest I'd just reinstall windows.

hitman is made by sophos now.

I am still searching for a good antivirus, I'd prefur not to pay
expensive subscriptions for something that may or may not stay
accessible though.

And if it is accessible, I want it to be msse accessible in other
words, I want it to fully work with either an addon or not.

Thats the way its going to have to be.

Msse is good access wize, but protection wize well I want something
that is easy to put exclusions for blind games and the like, I want
something I can control and configure easily and I want something
which performs and does not bog down the system or add extra unwanted
things.

I also want to trust my security program and not have to bother withit
unless I need to msse does that.

I need something with a accessible interface that uses standard
controls, etc.

If it needs to be a subscription for my 3 pc network and maybe others
I want something low cost to.

An entire suite will be nice I guess but its not needed.

On 22/08/2017 2:21 p.m., Gene wrote:
Maybe files have been unregistered by the program but I'd be worried
that files have been removed.  Does the program quaranteen files or
just remove them?

Also, does the person have system restore points from before the
problem started?
And if files have been removed that are Windows files, not just
unregistered, and if no restore points are available from before the
time the problem started, is there a way to repair Windows that will
restore the files?  I don't know enough about repairing Windows or
having Windows replace missing files to comment further.