Re: [NVDA stopping Outlook 2016

laura cornwell <cornwelll627@...>

Well  I am having the same trouble   and I don't know where this could be coming from  I would also like to know  now when I use the screen reader that

comes with Windows  outlook works fine. all the best to fixing this trouble.    On 8/25/2017 5:31 AM, Chris Mullins wrote:

I have Outlook 2007 and it works fine with NVDA until I try to read the status bar using NVDA+end when Outlook stops working and I have to restart it. This has occurred in quite a few versions of NVDA up to 17.2. I'm not saying it's an NVDA problem, it may be something to do with the interaction between the information exposed by Outlook and how NVDA obtains it whichh causes it. I doubt MS would do anything to solve it, so I just avoid using that keystroke.

Cheers#

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Cearbhall O'Meadhra
Sent: 25 August 2017 10:02
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] [NVDA stopping Outlook 2016

Hi everyone,

I am running Outlook 2016 on Windows 10 with the latest update of NVDA.

Over the past month, I have found that outlook stops and runs out of time almost every time (four times a day) that I check my emails. I notice the problem particularly when I try to swap between folders. This generates the message that Outlook has stopped working and will close. Today, I downloaded the newest update of NVDA and yet the problem is still persisting.

I unloaded NVDA and brought up JAWS. With JAWS running I am able to swap between folders without any delay so I am convinced that NDA is causing the problem.

Before loading JAWS, I had a very full outlook .pst file and reduced that from 1.2g to 200mb. I have no addins so that can't be the cause.
Has anyone experienced this problem? Is there a known solution?

I would really value a response as I much prefer to use NVDA rather than JAWS!

All the best,

Cearbhall