Re: Nvda OCR should allow user to add new character

Muklesur Rahman

Hello, by new character I mean, like one kind of dictionary but that
dictionary will be different in somehow. As we know that nvda ocr does
not support all language that's why nvda ocr should have such an
option to include new character/word. For this process I suggest that
there will be an option to add image of the characters/words and there
will be another option to write what this image is used for. and if it
is a new language, I think nvda will have no problem to convert those
images into the selected characters/words. For example, nvda ocr has
no bengali language and it does not support bengali language
recognition but if I could show to nvda ocr ingin that it is the image
of অ আ ই ঈ উ ঊ ঋ এ ঐ ও ঔ and set that when you will get those images,
you will convert them in such way. Perhaps we could be more beneficial
than creating separate ocr for separate language.
Thank you.

On 8/31/17, Quentin Christensen <quentin@nvaccess.org> wrote:
I'm not quite clear on what you are asking for? The way the OCR works is
that you can scan an image (which has some text somewhere in it) and the
OCR feature will find the text in the image and present it to you to read.
It works in various languages but it does not, of itself, translate text.
You can translate text with several services, including Google Translate:
http://translate.google.com/

On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 2:39 AM, Muklesur Rahman <muklesju@gmail.com>
wrote:

Hello community, I am sharing my idea. If it is wrong, let me correct.
I think, as Nvda has an ocr, it should allow user to add new character
in the input by scanning an image of the character and add an output
according to the user's desire. I think, if this process is possible
to apply, any one will be able to add any language with ocr.
I don't know, if any ocr software provides this opportunity to it's
user or not. However, if you know, please advice.
Thank you all.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager