Re: Important announcement: NVDA 2017.3 is the last version to support Windows versions prior to 7 and Server 2008 R2 service pack 1

Bhavya shah

Hi Zahra,
Please excuse my previous e-mail in favour of this one. You can still
follow NVDA developments by reading the What's New document
corresponding to each new release. For a more consolidated
understanding of new NVDA enhancements, practical usage is essential,
something I believe you are unwilling to do. What continues to puzzle
me why it is not feasible for you to upgrade to latest software.
Sharing this shall help us a great deal in evaluating your position
and aiding you accordingly.
Thanks.

On 8/31/17, Bhavya shah <bhavya.shah125@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Nasrin,
Gene raised a valid point. Since you have explicitly stated on
multiple occasions that you wish to use NVDA version 2017.1 or 2017.2
forever and never upgrade, why the passionate opposition to this
decision? In case NVDA version 2017.1 or 2017.2 with Windows XP is the
software setup you desire to use forever, I can assure you that this
option will remain unaffected. Also, I am unable to figure out the
corelation of the uninstallation of OpenOffice with the Firefox browse
mode bug being referred to here. Please clarify.
Thanks.

On 8/31/17, nasrin khaksar <nasrinkhaksar3@gmail.com> wrote:
anthony, i realy cant use newer versions of windows.
i should and wish to use xp forever!
i should fulfill my duty and do the only thing that i can and its better.
so, its not important for me which programs stop xp, i can use my
current versions forever!
these versions support xp and newer versions of windows, even some
programs support older versions than xp!
so, for me was important to know the relationship between supporting
of xp and browse mode not available!
i realy dont understand and i myself, did not have this problem,
except one time that i uninstalled openoffice!

On 8/31/17, kavein thran <kaveinthran@gmail.com> wrote:
change is constant, and only if we are ready to adapt, we can
progress, I fully wellcome this. In result of this transformation, we
can adapt newer codes and modern programming methods.

thanks

nasrin

It wasn't that browse mode wouldn't run. there has been a long
standing
problem that, if NVDA freezes and runs again, or if you unload and
reload
and rerun NVDA when a browser is opened, browse mode won't be
available.
This necessitates closing and opening the browser again, which can be
annoying. The developers want to correct this problem but continued
support
for XP makes it much harder to do. And, as you see, there are many
other
reasons to discontinue support. One significant program that no longer
runs
in XP is Drop Box, which wasn't mentioned in Antony's comments. The
Drop
Box site isn't fully accessible and its design makes it very
inefficient
work with using a browser. For many users that's a very important
issue.
And at some point, I don't know when, antimalware designers will drop
support for XP. Fortunately, many haven't done so yet and may not as a
public service for quite some time, but it will happen at some point.

Modern peripherals, printers, scanners, perhaps external sound cards,
and
would think others I haven't thought of, no longer support XP. You
have
use old ones, which are going to become increasingly hard to find over
time
in the used market and increasingly less reliable as they age. You
will
still be able to use the current version of XP which is very capable
and
which will meett many peoples' needs who use XP well or reasonably well
for
quite some time. And I recall you saying you didn't intend to upgrade
from
17.2 ever because its so wonderful. So why do you say this is such bad
news
for you? You don't even intend to use the latest available version.

Gene