Re: nvda and libreoffice

Aravind R

using calc is difficult using any screen reader.
in our bank, head office has ms excel but branches send files prepared
by open office calc which we are unable to view.
kindly explain how to view the information and make changes

On 3/5/16, Rosemarie Chavarria <knitqueen2007@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, Christo,

I find that open office works a little better than libre office. The
read-to-end function doesn't work in that either but I can deal with that.

Rosemarie

On 3/4/2016 11:04 PM, Christo de Klerk wrote:
Well, it works well upto a point, I would say. Quite a major drawback
is that you don't get formatting information with NVDA when you press
NVDA+f. I hope this is something that can be addressed soon. Another
drawback is that the read to end function does not work; it only reads
a paragraph at a time. Another small irritation is that, when you use
auto-numbering and arrow up and down your text, the number of each
numbered element is read twice.

So, while it is generally accessible, there certainly are usage issues
with it. I really wish the NVDA developers would pay more attention to
accessibility of LibreOffice, as it is also a free package and much
less clunky to use than the MS counterpart.

Kind regards

Christo

On 2016/03/04 8:56 PM, Kenny Peyattt jr. wrote:
Yes it is And it works well.
Kenny Peyatt jr.