Re: Important announcement: NVDA 2017.3 is the last version to support Windows versions prior to 7 and Server 2008 R2 service pack 1

David Tanner

And you could probably buy a brand new windows 10 computer many computer discount stores for less thing you'll pay for a windows seven computer with a nine-year-old operating system.

David Tanner

From my iPhone 7

On Aug 31, 2017, at 12:20 PM, Lino Morales <linomorales001@...> wrote:

I saw a few WIN 7 PC's for sale at Newegg and Amazon. It still can be bought.

On 8/31/2017 1:14 PM, Arlene wrote:
If you can do it. You'd have to go to a place where they have refurbished 7
systems. Or you can get a windows ten computer straight from the store.
You'd be better off to do that. If you get win 7. You need the service pack
one if you want NVDA Updates.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of David
Tanner
Sent: August-31-17 10:11 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Important announcement: NVDA 2017.3 is the last version
to support Windows versions prior to 7 and Server 2008 R2 service pack 1

You can get windows 10 for free from Microsoft if your visually impaired.
Why not do that instead of getting and 10-year-old operating system and then
expecting the developer to keep supporting it for thousands of dollars more
to their expense then you getting a free windows 10 and staying up-to-date.

David Tanner

From my iPhone 7

On Aug 31, 2017, at 3:37 AM, Stephen <whocrazy@...> wrote:

Oh well, I guess I'll have to upgrade to w7 fully now.
It was fun while it lasted.