From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jacques Stassen
Sent: Thursday, August 31, 2017 7:31 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Outlook 2016 stopped by NVDA

This occasionally happens to me too, on an i7 machine on Windows 10 Pro.
In my case it's Office 365, which, at this point, effectively is Office 2016. I have the shark installed on this system too and have not been able to reproduce the same behaviour with the alternative screen reader.
I believe there have been sufficient reports on this with regard to NVDA to make it a point of concern. As stated numerous times, also on my website, I am a staunch user of NVDA, but believe some basic inconsistent behaviour needs to be addressed at this point.

Jacques

On 31/08/2017 19:13, Cearbhall O'Meadhra wrote:
Please, please, can someone help me with this problem?

Every day now, NVDA is breaking Outlook 2016 as soon as I try to open a sub folder.
I can send and receive messages in the Inbox without any problem. I can send messages into any subfolder from the Inbox. If I try to go to the subfolder from the Inbox using control -y, Outlook hangs and then the following announcement appears:
Microsoft Outlook has stopped working
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is
available.
Close program

After this Outlook closes and I drop back to the desktop.

I am using Office 2016 in Windows 10 - latest update and NVDA 2017.3 - also latest update.

This problem has been happening at random over the past three months, but, lately, has become chronic.

I am very fond of NVA and prefer to use it for everything. I was astonished to find that JAWS 17 was able to operate Outlook without this problem and that is still the case. I am convinced, therefore, that this is a problem caused by NVDA conflicting with something in Outlook.

All suggestions very welcome! This is really frustrating and I cannot find any solution.

All the best,

Cearbhall

m +353 (0)833323487 Ph: _353 (0)1-2864623 e:
cearbhall.omeadhra@blbc.ie