From: "David Tanner" <david.tanner100@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, August 31, 2017 6:25 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Important announcement: NVDA 2017.3 is the last version to support Windows versions prior to 7 and Server 2008 R2 service pack 1

I have seen windows 10 computers in the last two weeks for Lestin $200.

David Tanner

From my iPhone 7

On Aug 31, 2017, at 12:17 PM, Don H <lmddh50@adams.net> wrote:

I fully understand why old operating systems can't be supported for ever. You do have to keep in mind that some people can't afford to purchase new or newer computers which can run newer operating systems. In many if not most situations if you are still running XP that computer is probably not capable of running Win 10 so a free upgrade to Win 10 doesn't help. So either you have to start saving what you can to upgrade to a newer computer or just stay with the older versions of NVDA and hope your old XP machine keeps on working..

On 8/31/2017 12:11 PM, David Tanner wrote:
You can get windows 10 for free from Microsoft if your visually impaired. Why not do that instead of getting and 10-year-old operating system and then expecting the developer to keep supporting it for thousands of dollars more to their expense then you getting a free windows 10 and staying up-to-date.

David Tanner

From my iPhone 7
On Aug 31, 2017, at 3:37 AM, Stephen <whocrazy@internode.on.net> wrote:

Oh well, I guess I'll have to upgrade to w7 fully now.
It was fun while it lasted.