Re: NVDA and Windows older versions

David Tanner

Well that's with Microsoft says. Until the next version comes out.!

David Tanner

From my iPhone 7

On Aug 31, 2017, at 1:52 PM, Lino Morales <linomorales001@gmail.com> wrote:

Yes. They will just keep adding new features.

On 8/31/2017 2:25 PM, Arlene wrote:
That's right. I'm learning what I can before I dive into Ten. I know sooner or later 7 is not going to be supported! Is windows ten the last version of windows that Microsoft will make?

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Lino Morales
Sent: August-31-17 10:53 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA and Windows older versions

Amen Carlos! Now for coperate America should read your post cause they themselves use XP. I.E major banks.

On 8/31/2017 1:45 PM, Carlos wrote:
Hello All:

I can't believe the level of "whining" that is going on in regards
to NVDA dropping support for older versions of Windows!

Can't you people understand that it has become a great security
risk to keep on supporting versions of Windows which Microsoft
themselves will no longer support and recommend that users of older
versions to upgrade!

You are not only doing harm to your own PC's. But! Every time you
get online with unsecure Windows you are also spreading whatever
viruses are in your PC's throughout the internet!

If you are unable to upgrade for monetary reasons? There are many
ways to buy legal license keys for Windows 7/e/8.1/10.

If you need to upgrade to a new PC? There are several
organizations that sells refurbished PC's for the blind. As well as
for poor people in general!

Here in the U.S. GoodWill, The Salvation Army and Computers for
the Blind sell good computers with Windows 7 installed. I believe the
same applies for the U.K., Asia and other far away land.

If your idea for not upgrading is that you don't want to give your
money to Microsoft? Then turn off your PC and hide under your bed and
hope and pray that Microsoft does not go into the furniture business!

It's all a matter of being a well informed blind person!

You need to get out there and find out all you can so you will be
able to make an well informed decision about which PC is right for you!

Don't be spreading your viruses by using unsecure PC's just
because you are afraid of learning the new technology!!!

I will now get ready by putting on my fire resistant suit as I
begin to read all your flaming posts/replies!

Have lots of fun at my expense!!!