Re: NVDA reads Unknown with Windows 10 issue

Mohit Singla

Hi All,

I used system restore to go back to a pre office 2013 installation setting and NVDA started reading again. Basically it had stopped reading all buttons and would announce unknown and for links and context menus it stopped reading all together.

In case any of you have faced this problem or know aanything about it please let me know.

Regards
Mohit

On 16-Apr-2016, at 11:24 AM, Mohit Singla <bookscoffeeme@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi All,

I am using NVDA 2016.1 with Windows 10 and it was working perfectly till last Wednesday.

On Wednesday I installed MS Office 2013 Professional+, since then NVDA has encountered the following issues and basically become unusable:
1. It has stopped reading the taskbar items and just announces Unknown
2. It has stopped reading the context menu on the Start button
3. It has stopped reading every thing in Skype ie contacts, recents, chats and everything except for announcing Skype when I alt + tab to it
4 In outlook if I hit the application key it reads the context menu quickly but if I arrow down to any item it does not read it

I am not sure why this is happenning and if it is due to the office installation or a windows update.

I will really appreciate any help. Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards
Mohit