Re: Outlook 2016 stopped by NVDA

Casey <cwollner@...>

Hi I have office 2016 and how to you check for office updates with it?

-----Original Message-----
From: Rui Fontes
Sent: Thursday, August 31, 2017 12:56 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Outlook 2016 stopped by NVDA

Have you checked by Office updates?

Rui

-----Mensagem Original-----
De: Cearbhall O'Meadhra
Data: 31 de agosto de 2017 18:13
Para: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Assunto: Re: [nvda] Outlook 2016 stopped by NVDA

Please, please, can someone help me with this problem?

Every day now, NVDA is breaking Outlook 2016 as soon as I try to open a sub
folder.
I can send and receive messages in the Inbox without any problem. I can send
messages into any subfolder from the Inbox. If I try to go to the subfolder
from the Inbox using control -y, Outlook hangs and then the following
announcement appears:
Microsoft Outlook has stopped working
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is
available.
Close program

After this Outlook closes and I drop back to the desktop.

I am using Office 2016 in Windows 10 - latest update and NVDA 2017.3 - also
latest update.

This problem has been happening at random over the past three months, but,
lately, has become chronic.

I am very fond of NVA and prefer to use it for everything. I was astonished
to find that JAWS 17 was able to operate Outlook without this problem and
that is still the case. I am convinced, therefore, that this is a problem
caused by NVDA conflicting with something in Outlook.

All suggestions very welcome! This is really frustrating and I cannot find
any solution.

All the best,

Cearbhall

Casey