From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Don H
Sent: Friday, September 01, 2017 5:47 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] OCR

OK so here is my problem with using the NVDA OCR function. I have a JPG
file that I know contains text. I actually sent it to Joseph Lee to try
OCR on it. He got it to work reading all the text in the jpg.

I followed the exact same steps and all I get is the first three lines
of the text thus not getting most of the information.

I am running latest version of NVDA on a win 10 64 bit machine.

here is what I am doing.

I find the jpg file in file explorer. I hit enter on it and it is
opened by Windows Photo viewer. I use insert numpad 2 and it says
graphic. I hit NVDA key r and get the result screen. I use the arrow
keys to read the result screen and only get a partial of what is in the jpg.

What the heck am I doing wrong.

Thanks