From: "Sarah k Alawami" <marrie12@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, September 01, 2017 7:22 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] problem with latest NVDA

I don't have that issue at all actually. Running a custom machine with win 10 32 gigs of ram. In fact I never had that issue running windows 7 virtually now that I recall. I just hit windows plus b and right arrow to the network icon.
On Sep 1, 2017, at 8:46 AM, Clive May <may.c@pobroadband.co.uk> wrote:

Hi

It may not be relevant to your problem but...

On every machine I have used running Windows 7 or Windows 10, moving to the network icon in the system tray stops speech. My solution is to hit ctrl esc to bring up the start menu, at which keystroke speech resumes, esc to cancel back to the task bar, tab to the system tray and cursor to the network icon. This time the network button shows and is available.

It does not seem to have anything to do with NVDA as the HAL screen-reader reacts in exactly the same way.

Because it occurs on every machine i have used running 7 and 10, I have never thought of it as a problem.

Best wishes

Clive

On 01/09/17 15:46, nasrin khaksar wrote:
hi.
can you please explane me did you have these issues using nvda 17.2 and 17.1?
i appreciate your answer.
God bless you!

On 9/1/17, Giles Turnbull <giles.turnbull@gmail.com> wrote:
I don't know if this is a similar issue, but two or three times since I've
installed NVDA 17.3 I find that NVDA totally shuts up and can't be cajoled
back into action other than a hard reset. It happens when I go into system
tray menus.

It's usually when I go into Network Settings to re-connect my dropped
internet, and as I came out of it there was total silence. It's maybe 1 in
20 times this happens (I have a very flakey internet because I live in a
rural part of Wales). Last night when I went to adjust my volume and as I
hit enter to open the volume slider all NVDA sound died.

I can CTRL+ALT+Del to go into shutdown options, which speaks with a
different voice (presumably using NVDA, but not my regular settings), but if
I cancel out to return back to the desktop I'm back to silent mode. I have a
shortcut to NVDA on my desktop titled znvda so that it's the only shortcut
begining with a z, so I should be able to jump straight to it. I've also
tried using Win+R to run NVDA that way, but neither one will re-start NVDA.

To me it feels more like an operating system error, but I've no real basis
for thinking that. It only happens once every three or four days max, but
I'm going to turn logging on so that if / when it happens again I should
have some more informative insight.

Hope that's helpful even just a tiny amount :)

Giles