From: "Travis Siegel" <tsiegel@softcon.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, September 02, 2017 12:04 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] lag when writing messages in thunderbird

This option is no longer present in thunderbird, so that won't help. And, just for reference, I'm using thunderbird, and NVDA 2017.3, and I'm not seeing the slowdown problem when typing text in messages. I did experience a small bit of this when I first upgraded to 2017.3, but it seems to have gone away, though I didn't do anything to help solve it. Well, come to think of it, I did install some windows updates today, perhaps that was the fix.

On 9/1/2017 6:04 PM, Kevin Cussick via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi, I don't know if this will fix it or not, but I remember Jamey posted something because tb was crashing but this was some years ago this is his work and not mine. text below.

General sluggishness with Thunderbird. I have a feeling, though,
that this is a Thunderbird issue and nothing to do with NVDA.
Try disabling Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> Enable Global Search and
Indexer. Note that this isn't accessibility or screen reader specific,
but I personally found that global search didn't help me and was a
performance killer.

On 01/09/2017 14:41, Jeffrey Shockley wrote:
Hello,
I have noticed this as well. Any solution to this problem would be greatly appreciated. I don't know what is causing it. I'm using the latest NVDA, Thunderbird, and windows 8.1 if that helps. I am glad it's not just me noticing this. I thought my computer was going crazy or something. LOL
Thanks,
Jeffrey

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 31, 2017, at 11:49 PM, Lino Morales <linomorales001@gmail.com <mailto:linomorales001@gmail.com>> wrote:

Josh I;ve noticed this also.

On 8/31/2017 8:39 PM, Josh Kennedy wrote:

When composing new emails and writing messages in mozilla thunderbird I get significant lag when trying to edit and write messages. Is there a way to change the cursor in thunderbird to a more responsive one?

Josh

--
sent with mozilla thunderbird