Re: problem with latest NVDA

Gene

The system tray is universally used for such purposes and if it is incorrectly executing in this case in a lot of computers, how many millions of computers match your technical specifications, then that's a very strong argument to add the system tray dialog.  and the problem of something opening, which may be a different problem that occurs under the same conditions, is far more extensive.  My Windows 7 laptop is from 2011.  It is an Intel machine and I don't know if that matters.  I don't lose speech but as I explained something disruptive opens when I move to the icon in the system tray if it is my first time doing so in that session of Windows.  The icon is resonding to being selected, not activated.  This doesn't matter for a mouse user.  it does for a keyboard user.  Sometimes, its time to abandon ideology and add something that real world exegencies dictate should be added.

Sent: Saturday, September 02, 2017 4:14 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] problem with latest NVDA

It can manifest itself several ways depending on how the desktop is set up
but if you hide that item, then it seems never to block the system again.
You do not really need it as windows ordinary  applets let you do all the
same things in any case, and as Isaid earlier, its specific to Intel chipped
networks I think.
 There are several Intel applets that run at start up in various places. one
is a security item, which sstrangely does not act the same way.
 Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-