From: "Dmitriy" <dlazarev86@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, September 01, 2017 11:26 PM
Subject: [nvda] Excel reading issues

Hi again,

As I stated before, I'm using Windows 10 Creater's Edition with Excel 2010,
and NVDA version 2017.3.

I've already tried the below steps with all of the add-ons disabled and It
still doesn't read what I need it to read.

I go to any of my already created Excel spreadsheets, and locate a cell I
want to work with like a27.

So I go there, press f2 to get to the editing of the cell.

It reads everything when I'm moving through the text with left and right
arrow keys.

However, when I want to select a portion of that text either character by
character shift+right arrow key or word by word ctrl+shift+right arrow key,
NVDA doesn't read anything I'm selecting.

Obviously, when you press ctrl+c to copy the text it'll go to the clipboard
no problem, but the fact that you don't know what's been selected and
copied, really bugs me.

Maybe there is a solution which I could implement to make everything work as
it should.

I've tried key echo, and it still behaves the same way.

On the other hand, when I'm using Google Sheets, pressing f2 and then
selecting text with shift+right arrow makes everything read as it should.

Thanks for any help.

Dmitry