Sent: Saturday, April 16, 2016 1:02 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Windows live mail question

Hi, Brian,

I just installed windows live mail but I do have a question. How do you get NVDA to see the message body? I have to hit alt M and enter for NVDA to see the message body.

Thanks.

Rosemarie

Sent: Saturday, April 16, 2016 10:43 AM

Windows Live Mail, along with Thunderbird, are the two most screen-reader friendly no-cost e-mail clients that I've worked with in recent years.

I have no problem with WLM 2012 with NVDA nor with JAWS, and I never turn the preview pane off for two reasons:  it's on by default and if you do want someone sighted either to help you or just to take a look at something it's very convenient.

If your mother is not already familiar with a specific e-mail client I'd suggest Windows Live Mail 2012.  There is really no purpose in using the older versions of the program for someone who's got to learn from scratch to begin with.  The ribbon system is here to stay and it's putting off the inevitable to try to avoid it.  Do not use Outlook Express, even if you can get a hacked copy.