From: "Supanut Leepaisomboon" <supanut2000@outlook.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, September 02, 2017 9:54 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA and Windows older versions

But just because Microsoft collect usage information should not be why you shouldn't stay away from Windows 10. I agree that this privacy concern is too...over exaggerated.
Going back to the subject of old unsupported Windows versions...if I am in a situation where my Windows XP machine is too ancient to run even Windows 7, I'd get a second hand desktop that already comes with Windows 7 SP1, which is much cheaper. This way I could continue to update NVDA and other programs and also receive security patches from Microsoft.
But to be honest, my experience with recent versions of NVDA on Windows 7 is that...there's not much difference at all. This is because most of the bug fixes and new features are aimed at users of Windows 10. Soon Windows 7 will meet the same fate as Windows XP as end of life for Windows 7 is only a few years away.