From: Gene
Sent: Saturday, September 02, 2017 5:55 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] problem with latest NVDA

A workaround should not be required.  the system tray is a very standard way to access various items.  If for some reason, proper access can't be achieved from the keyboard directly and another interface has existed since about 1998 that provides reliable access, it should be incorporated into NVDA.  I shouldn't have to open something else, whyich is less convenient and not the way people usually access the network or WIFI when a perfectly reliable alternative exists for accessing the system tray.  And a lot of people don't know about the system tray add on.  No other screen-reader I know of is without a system tray dialog.  There are good reasons.

Sent: Saturday, September 02, 2017 5:26 AM

In this case since it does not work properly then hiding it has no inpact as
you can tick the show wifi on the windows own wireless network applet
instead and this seems to be fine in 7 and ten. Its something weird that
Intel put in.

I don't have wifi on this machine but laptops seem to cope well, indeed when
you retro install a wifi dongle etc, you often get asked if you want to use
the whizz bang set up program they supply or the standard windows  version I
always use the latter. In old XP you cold find this fails to find it, but in
7 and up it seems the various  vendors have finally agreed on a common way
to detect the hardware!

Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.