Re: NVDA and Windows older versions

Lino Morales

I use this PC to get to my stuff. I need to make myself learn the ribon. I've been ising WIN for 2 years and I've never made myself learn it.

On 9/3/2017 8:21 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
Yes, 10 seems to be a bit clunky to me in Explorer and I was always looking for ways to make it streamlined and  easier, but then of course, we are coming at It from a different angle to the majority of users. This is where the ribbon debate gets to be a real issue for us. It may have some sense if you can see the overview, but in our down the centre of a loo roll view its illogical, mixing as it does different objects we have come to put into different little categories in our minds.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, September 03, 2017 9:57 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA and Windows older versions

Well to be honest I'd really like to see the updates as they were in 7 there is no problem with me updating but as a geek I want to read what I am updating first.

As for spying don't care that much every time you sign up to anything well.

Saying that, ms is supposed to be a user orientated thing now so if people want more control they should get it.

I'd actually like a way to control what desktop a user had.

Ie windows xp style shell, win7 style shell or win10 style shell.

I am sure thats not to hard.

I'd pick the 7 style shell however if I could pick bits and bobs that would be even better.

the xp style explorer works for me, the win7 style start menu works to, all the progress bars and other things as they used to be work well to.

But I do like the kernal of 10.

On 3/09/2017 7:22 p.m., Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
The new version about to hit the internet I think, finally means you can even on the basic version of 10, stop all this forced updating and spying and advertising junk.
I doubt its been made that obvious, but so many have complained I think Microsoft had to include it as so many people were hacking the registry and screwing things up!

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lino Morales" <linomorales001@gmail.com>