Re: A web site funny

Jacob Kruger

Honestly can't tell you since, like said, have generally got language switching turned off, partly since lots of sites, and other forms of content have the wrong language set for various bits of content, and, if I want to switch between some languages myself quickly, then I just use the switch synth add-on to change to a different voice profile, etc.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
"Resistance is futile, but, acceptance is versatile..."

On 2017/09/03 09:27, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
Yes I looked at the log file and could clearly see the lang change entries. Most odd way to write a web site. Its as if they want some of the words to always be in the default language but the others in another one. Its sourceforge, are all the sites on there like this?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jacob Kruger" <jacob@blindza.co.za>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, September 02, 2017 10:22 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] A web site funny

It's language encoding switching - I have actually disabled automatic language switching off under NVDA's voice settings, but, if I turn it on again, then while my default language is set to use espeak english, it seems to switch to english-us at times on that page.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
"Resistance is futile, but, acceptance is versatile..."

On 2017/09/02 21:01, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi when I access this web site some of the text is spoken in one espeak voice, in my case Quincy, and some in another voice. Indeed I did look at the log and it can be seen not to change the voice as such, but the language, however it is still in English. is this the web site, me or am I finally going mad?

http://ultradefrag.sourceforge.net/en/index.html

Brian
bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
This message sent from a Windows XP machine!

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.