Re: one core voices

Lubos Pintes <lubos.pintes@...>

This is a known bug and could be fixed in NVDA master.

Dňa 4. 9. 2017 o 0:20 Don H napísal(a):

I can increase the rate within ghe NVDA voice setings.  I guess the lag I am talking about is when you are at the desktop and use single letter navagation there is a lag before you get the voicing of the icon you are moving to.  For example at the desktop I hit the letter n and it moves me to the NVDA icon but the David one core voice takes longer to say NVDA versus how long it takes Access32 to say NVDA.

Hi don

At present you can not ajust the speed through the settings in nvda to speed up the windows one core voices. from what i have read there is a update from windows which will fix this if i read it correct.

there is a work around for the moment which works.

In windows 10 in the search box i typed text to speech and then it came up with some results.

it cam up with the following result Change text-to-speech settings, System settings of which i pressed the enter key on.

When the next screen came up it defaults to my one core voice i chose. Tab to the rate and change it there just use the arrow keys to do this.

Then close it the screen i mean.

You will notice now in nvda he will be speaking quicker.

Gene nz

On 04/09/2017 08:58, Don H wrote:
Having used Window Eyes for some 20 years with decaccess32 as my syn I have been using the access

32 syn with NVDA.  I have tried the One Core  David voice but find it has some lag as compared to the access32 syn.  Of course David sounds more natural and Access32 is more robotic sounding. Is there a way to change how the one core voices perform?

--
Image NVDA certified expert