Re: Further Update Query

On Mon, Sep 4, 2017 at 10:02 am, Lino Morales wrote:
Glad I had the Upgrade Assistant on my desktop when I got this referb HP on my birthday. I had build 1086 on here.
Lino,

        Yep.  I just had a machine that had been so badly infected that the decision was made to restore it to factory state and work from there.  It was one of the Windows 10 machines released during the very first version of Windows 10 (1507), and you don't want anyone staying on that one minute longer than is necessary.

        Had it been someone I was supporting by phone, rather than doing it myself, I'd have pointed them to the Update Assistant on the Windows 10 Download Page.  But since I was doing it myself and keep a rolling copy of the latest ISO at all times I used the second method I'd mentioned.  Went straight from Version 1507 to Version 1703.

            Niels Bohr