Re: [NVDA stopping Outlook 2016

Gene

I didn't say anything about Outlook Express.  I wanted to be clear about how important having multiple folders opened simultaneously is because niether Thunderbird nor Windows Live Mail allows this.  I really doubt the Windows Mail App in Windows 10 does either.  It might be useful to know if your problem is one of the problems that Outlook and NVDA have when used in combination.  There have been problems discussed here recently where, when people tried JAWS with Outlook, the problems didn't occur but they do with NVDA.  Perhaps list members know about another accessible program that allows you to have more than one folder opened at a time.  If you are using Windows 10 and if you want multiple folders opened and you don't have JAWS, you might want to try Narrator with the program.  I don't have Windows 10 and I don't know how well Narrator works with the program.

From: slery
Sent: Monday, September 04, 2017 7:44 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] [NVDA stopping Outlook 2016

I routinely have four folders open all day long. Two of the folders stay the same all day and two change throughout the day. These are all from the same account. I do not want the other accounts mixed as I check them at different times.

I have used Outlook and NOT Outlook express for years and I am not looking for something with less functionality.
Cindy

On September 4, 2017 12:04:16 PM "Gene" <gsasner@...> wrote:

How important is opening multiple folders?  To my knowledge, I've never used a program that allows me to have to, three, or more folders opened.  Many e-mail programs allow you to see all messages aggregated from the same folder in different accounts.  For example, if you want to see all inbox messages from every inbox folder in your machine and you have three accounts, there is an aggregate folder that shows all inbox messages in one place.