Re: email and nvda

Gene

Don't providers give more than one address to users?  Why couldn't you have separate accounts, for different purposes using different addresses with the same provider?  Or as another solution, have different names you give as your display name for different purposes.  Then use display rules to send mmessages with one display name to one folder and with another display name to another.  The problem doesn't seem difficult to solve and using Outlook Express for some or perhaps many users introduces complications and annoyances.  I don't use Outlook Express but a very knowledgeable tech on another list I follow has seen enough people have problems with it that he recommends that only advanced users use the Windows 10 version.  And I've seen long discussions from a few users who set up everything correctly and the program still doesn't work correctly.

Nowadays, with an add on I read about recently that provides first letter navigation in the folders list, the last major problem with Thunderbird accessibility has evidently been solved.  There are two minor accessibility problems I know of but the most serious was the inability to move by first letter navigation in the folders tree view for those with multiple accounts.

Sent: Tuesday, September 05, 2017 2:43 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] email and nvda

What I mean is completely separate  identities as in Outlook Express where
one cannot see any of the other accounts at all. Of course you can have  the
same account in two identities if you want, say one imap and one pop3, but
equally you can put in a password so that an identity cannot be opened
without it. OK its not mega secure, but  I'm not using it for that reason.
I'm ttrying to keep charity and perrsonal emails apart and mail list emails
and soccial group emails as well. What I do not want is one big tree view
with everything on it all in the same view.
 Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-