Re: nvda remote host

Aman Singer

Hello Brian and all,

You are perfectly correct in saying that most ISPs use dynamic IP
addressing. However, this is easily worked around with dynamic DNS
such, just as an example, as
http://www.noip.com

There is no need to have an IP address specifically "owned" by anyone.
Many routers even include a way to access dynamic DNS directly in
their settings. Therefore, it is usually quite simple to setup a name
on the internet to point your NVDA remote or any other service at. A
bridge server is sometimes nice to have, but it is obviously a
security risk. I do wish the nvdaremote developers would release their
bridge server code so that, if you wish, you can set up your own
bridge server.
Aman

Hmm, of course one of the problems with a lot of isps is that you do not
own an address its likely to change, so even if you do open ports and all of

that, there is no actuall definite way to know what the IP address actually

is.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.