Re: email and nvda

slery <slerythema@...>

Thanks for checking. Now I know it is worth setting up and giving atry.
Cindy

On September 5, 2017 3:48:04 PM "Travis Siegel" <tsiegel@...> wrote:

Well, again, I'm not sure why just navigating to them is a problem, but for what it's worth, you can have multiple folders open, I just opened a second account, and I can now control-tab between my two folder lists, two messages that are open, and this email (currently being written).  I don't think thunderbird cares how many folders you open, but as I said, each one you open uses additional memory and cpu, but if it works for you, have at it.

On 9/5/2017 3:34 PM, slery wrote:

FYI the multiple folders that I use are all from one email account they are not from different email accounts I obviously do not use my email the way that you do I prefer to have certain folders open throughout the day as I use them that way that is why I need to have multiple folders open at the same time because it is how I work
Cindy

On September 5, 2017 3:13:46 PM "Travis Siegel" <tsiegel@...> wrote:

What's the reason for having multiple folders open at the same time? Thunderbird tells you when you get new mail, and which account it was for, at that point, you can easily go back to the folder list, and select the one you want to read, open it, then go to the message list and there you are.  I have 3 accounts in my current thunderbird, and I never need more than one folder at a time open.  When I want to read mail from the other folders, it's a simple matter to navigate to it and open it in the folder list.  I'm not sure what benefit you would derive from having them open all the time (other than eating memory and cpu cycles).

On 9/5/2017 3:04 PM, slery wrote:

Can you please tell me how to open multiple folders?

I have not had a chance to install it since I started this thread but I am getting mixed messages as to whether I can have four folders open at the same time.
Cindy

On September 5, 2017 12:39:27 PM "Tony Ballou" <cyberpro224@...> wrote:

Hi,

Try Mozilla Thunderbird. Works with NVDA just fine and has everything you need.

Tony

On 9/3/2017 10:20 PM, slery wrote:

I am looking for a new email program (obviously needs to work with NVDA).

Must haves: work with gmail, work with multiple email accounts, open multiple folders at the same time

Thanks for any help. Outlook keeps crashing every time I try to open a second folder (or even just switch to a different folder within the same window).

Cindy