Re: Unable to Install NVDA 17.3 on HP laptop

Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES) <steven.hicks@...>

User account control, go in to control panel and search for user?

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Akbar S. Currim
Sent: 06 September 2017 07:56
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Unable to Install NVDA 17.3 on HP laptop

What is UAC and how do I change the level of the settings.
Thanks,

Akbar

On 9/6/17, Chris Wright via Groups.Io <blindgamer87=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
If I remember correctly, portable and temporary copies of NVDA are
unable to interact with UAC. When you hear the UAC sound, press Alt+Y.
This should allow the installation to continue. Alternatively, you
could set the UAC notification level to 0 which prevents the prompt
from appearing and allows the software to run normally.
On Sep 5, 2017, at 11:52 PM, Lino Morales <linomorales001@gmail.com>
wrote:

Must been the UAC. It should have read it.

On 9/5/2017 11:22 AM, Akbar S. Currim wrote:
You are brilliant. Being unable to install even from a portable
copy I asked my sighted son to take a look at it. Apparently a
window was opening which was completely inaccessible which was
asking to confirm to allow to install the programme which I was not
aware of. When he (my son) clicked to allow it and then the
installation went through without a hitch.

Thanks to all and sorry for the bother.

Akbar

It could just be that something like an anti virus has updated
since the old

install and also it could be that new code in the latest nvda is
only now falling foul of malware filtering. Normally such programs
would tell you though, unless its a message which is inaccessible
of course.

It would really need a sighted person with hands on the machine to
solve it

I think. Its going to be something really annoyingly simple I'm sure.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-