Thunderbird Add On To Allow First Letter Navigation For Folders

Ron Canazzi

As per request: here is the message containing information about the quick key navigation add on for Thunderbird and how to obtain it. It works like a charm.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: [nvda] Thunderbird Add On To Allow First Letter Navigation For Folders
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2017 01:29:24 -0400
From: Ron Canazzi <aa2vm@...>
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Hi Group,

I got this referenced from another list.

There is an  add on that allows folder navigation by typing the first
letter and it is called 'quick key folder navigation.'  The description
says you have to type the first 3 letters, but if you only have one
folder that begins with the letter key you press, then you will move
right to the folder with just the first key press. I have installed this
and it works great.  This restores one of the favorite features for
screen reader users that existed in the venerable and now largely
defunct Outlook Express.

Using Thunderbird, it is easy to install this add on.  Just click
tools/add on manager/search for add on.  Type in quick folder key
navigation, press enter, then tab to the list of results, highlight the
add on, right click and choose install.  Then follow the prompts.  There
is no need to browse the Mozilla website for the add on.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"