From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Ricardo Leonarczyk
Sent: Wednesday, September 6, 2017 3:36 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] jdf2dic

Hi,

Well, I think it's possible to convert from .jdf to .dic to some extent. Obviously, some things like sounds and other stuff not currently present in NVDA will just have to be ignored.
I wasn't able to find any documentation on the jdf formatte, so I assume one would need to do some reverse engineering e.g., try creating various kinds of dictionary entries and see what happens to the file.
Now, maybe this file you want to convert is a simple case and you can just use regular expressions on the notepad++ or similar to make the conversion. A tool to do this would be nice I think, but I'm not sure if creating such a tool would be legal.
Is this jdf file available for download?

Hello. In Turkey,We are using a jaws dictionary file for QuentinC's
playroom application to translate to Turkish. Because, the app and
server doesn't support Turkish language.
This jdf file is about 70 pages, and it contains about 2000 entry.
I want to edit it as a dic file for nvda.
Does anybody have any idea?
Thanks.