Re: Nvda 2017.3, errorwave you do not hear

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Yes unless there are specific reasons, ie a small fix etc on one of the snaps, changing from the normal stable version to a snap is only going to get you the error bleeps back and unless there is a programmer willing to continue development of the older version for XP Vista, then reporting any errors that occur here will not get much response.
At the moment Nvda 2017.3 is very capable, arguably better than the equivalent version of Jaws, which also no longer supports the old versions of windows.
Its sad, yes, but inevitable in the fast changing world we live in.

I still retain the xp machines running on the last known good snaps, but that is just cos they work OK and I have disabled the update scanning as it was getting to be annoying and messed up one machine when I ignored an error and installed over a next snap.
nvda_snapshot_master-14374,21b30868.exe
nvda_snapshot_next-14363,0092e3d0.exe

Would seem to be safe.
In fact Master would have gone on being safe until the changes were imported from next but I think Mick felt that its best to put the warning in both branches to avoid any confusion and possibly have a version that almost but not quite works able to install on xp and vista, with the associated complaints that might give!

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-