Re: Basic NVDA Training ebook

Quentin Christensen

Thank you very much for your kind words Ollie!

It has definitely been a team effort, Mick and Jamie are fantastic to work for and had a good idea of the structure before we started so having the pair who wrote such great software to begin with to collaborate with makes the task much easier.

Knowing that there are so many users who value the product so highly and find the material useful makes it all so worthwhile and rewarding, thank you!

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 1:01 AM, Mallard <mallard@...> wrote:

Hello Quentin,

I'm going through the book very thoroughly, because I want to use it to help a friend get started with NVDA, and I don't want to miss any important steps.

I used to work at IBM as a translator in the days when there were "real" technical writers, who could write "real" user's manuals.

I hadn't seen such a well-written, thorough, and complete manual since those days.

I wish to publicly acknowledge the value of this tool, for both beginners and more advanced users.

I would like to encourage whoever can to buy this guide. If you feel you don't need it yourself, consider giving a copy as a valuable gift to someone else, perhaps a friend who can't afford buying it, or simply someone you care for.

This book takes nothing for granted. It explains things and terms in detail, without being pedantic or too verbose. It's just perfect.
Said by someone who spent quite a nice slice of ehr life translating such manuals into Italian... (big grin).

Thanks again to anyone who's contributed to this resource and made it possible.

I'm looking forward to any future material coming from you.

Ciao, with lots of gratitude,
Ollie

--
Quentin Christensen