Re: Using the mouse

Adriani Botez

That would be really nice if someone would fix that. Also there are big issues when using the mouse in chrome. In firefox works better. But some webpages have areas which can only be accessed with the mouse, especially if a tool is programmed with java using inaccessible api. It would help if the mouse feature worked reliably in every browser.

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Am 08.09.2017 um 02:45 schrieb Jim Pipczak <jim.pipczak@...>:

Thanks Q.

Jim.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Quentin Christensen
Sent: Friday, 8 September 2017 10:13 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Using the mouse

Hi Jim,

You are right, there are issues with reading with the mouse.  I did a bit of testing a little while ago on this issue: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/3590 but I don't think anyone has started work to fix it yet.

Regards

Quentin.

On Fri, Sep 8, 2017 at 8:56 AM, Jim Pipczak <jim.pipczak@...> wrote:

Hi all,

Being partially sighted I tend to use the physical mouse a lot to read bits and pieces until I find what I want.

When reading a line of text that has a link in it, NVDA only reads up to the link. You then need to move the pointer to the link to hear what it is.

Is there a way to make it read the entire line of text regardless of any links in the line? My mouse is set to paragraph but it made no difference setting it to

line.

Thanks,

Jim

Jim Pipczak
Access Technology Technical Lead
Digital
Vision Australia
346 Macaulay Rd (cnr Stubbs St) Kensington VIC 3031

T: 03 8378 1243 (I: 344243)
E: Jim.Pipczak@...
www.visionaustralia.org

Vision Australia. Blindness. Low Vision.  Opportunity. - logo

The history, culture, diversity and value of all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are recognised, acknowledged and respected.

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess