Re: If I complete this withi 1-2 monthsn

Hi,
Answer: no, no, no. Not only I say this to emphasize differences between ideal versus reality, but also because:
1. Developing a skill takes months and years. It took me four years to fully grasp the process NV Access uses when it comes to developing a new feature or coming up with a bug fix. I spent two years perfecting my C++ skills to a point where I can describe some things written in that language. It took me five years to learn essentials of technical communication and documentation efforts - I started out as a translator for NVDA, and my most recent work was writing DictationBridge add-on documentation from scratch with notes from two other people.
2. Keeping a skill alive requires constant practice and learning. If you truly want to be competitive with Python, you need to know the differences between Python 2 and 3, what's trending in Python libraries, limits of this programming language, and being able to apply what you learned in various contexts.
3. Personal philosophy: do not make money your god, an end product, or the ultimate reason why you want to learn Python. Money is a powerful thing; however, if you let money become your master, you'll find that you'll think more about how to earn more for less or sacrifice everything for financial gain. Do not make money an end product, as doing so could make your mind think you can do all sorts of things with it. Do not make money your ultimate goal for learning Python, because doing so will expose your body, mind and soul to one of the easiest ways to make mistakes in life because money isn't the ultimate answer to life's difficult questions.
Before you think more about Python, money, NVDA, NV Access and what not, I'd like to suggest that you sit back and think about the following questions carefully:
1. Do I think Python is easy? The answer to this question will reveal your attitudes about learning things.
2. Do I think money can buy me answers to life's questions? Be careful with answering this, as your conclusions will let you know what you're thinking about the ultimate goal.
3. Is NVDA the only Python project I can contribute to? If you answer "yes", then I think you might be learning Python for wrong reasons.
4. Can I just learn things by just sitting back and expecting someone to teach me? If you answer "yes", then please think about why you're doing this, as studying things doesn’t merely involve someone teaching you things.
5. Can I use whatever skill I have right now or things I'll learn in a month to contribute to NVDA, and if so, will NV Access take it? If your answer is "yes", then I want to see a proof of this and your potential to contribute "meaningful things" (yes, I put that in quotes).
6. Who will benefit most from my work? If you answer "me", then you're not ready for this journey. NVDA is a global project, hence whatever small change you contribute will have impact on people's lives. If you want a real-life example, take a look at how indentation announcement by tones (a simple idea but a difficult code segment) is changing people's lives.
I challenge you to think about and answer these questions in hopes that you'll realize the reality ahead. I am intentionally using this approach in order to foster critical thinking process; I'm known in the community for being kind and willing to describe in detail how things work, but there are times when I need to show you reality, and part of being a great software engineer is thinking things through, even on topics you might be afraid to go through such as ethics and purposes (even I had to and am still going through this process).
To others: sorry for a possible harshness in this message.
Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Jospeh

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Muklesur Rahman
Sent: Saturday, September 9, 2017 12:12 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] If I complete this withi 1-2 monthsn

Hello Antony, if I can complete this python routing system, will I get job to nvaccess? If so, how much can I expect to earn?
Thank you.

On 9/7/17, Muklesur Rahman <muklesju@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, Antony, I have just started python programming. I think within one
month, I will be able to reach in a competitive level. But could you
tell me how it can give me an opportunity to earn money?
Thank you.

On 9/6/17, Antony Stone <antony.stone@nvda.open.source.it> wrote:
How experienced are you with Python programming?

Antony.

On Wednesday 06 September 2017 at 00:59:42, mr. Chikodinaka
Nickarandidum Oguledo wrote:

any jobs with nvACCESS? or nvda I want2make money with NVDA
--
90% of networking problems are routing problems.
9 of the remaining 10% are routing problems in the other direction.
The remaining 1% might be something else, but check the routing anyway.

Please reply to
the list;
please
*don't* CC me.

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.