Re: its time for skinnable windows

Well its happening, an article says in the local paper that we are moving away from the smart phone slowly but surely to.

I also doubt everyone will jump to the cloud just like that.

It doesn't mean we will all have to use windows 10 s.

It does mean that business users may have better access for on the go, etc, but I suspect there will be ways for us home users to continue as we are.

We allready are in the cloud sort of.

Bar my login which I refuse to put in ms account I have multiple ms apps including stores, buy music and programs online via the cloud, have gmail in the cloud, file sharing services in the cloud, and calendars maps, and all that stuff.

We are in the cloud right at this moment.

So its a question of interface and what will happen to it really.

I doubt windows will ever become a subscription I mean you will be able to buy outright.

It may be good for those that can not afford office full or windows full say if they are are on a budget to buy what they need etc.

On 11/09/2017 9:19 p.m., zahra wrote:
hi brian.

i think that microsoft means continual upgrade, or maybe cloud that i
am realy afraid of this.

I think we have a while yet though, as many companies use extended support
as they did with XP and I know thatthis effectively increases the time of
the life of a particular version by another 2 years or so. it depends rather

a lot on how Microsoft see the future. If they say and mean Windows 10 is
the last one, do they mean its a continual upgrade, or do they mean their
next system will not even be called windows, or do they mean everyting will

be in the cloud and effectively rented to the customer which will be a
problem for anyone not on a good internet connection.
I've yet to hear a satisfactory answer to this. I do agree though that in
theis day and age we should be able to decide our interface for ALL software

so people can have a less steep learning curve. we should be making it
easier to upgrade by adding features not changing the intface every few
years and stopping people forom using old software.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-