Re: Nvda Scripting and virtual document

Quentin Christensen

Hi Sampa,

A couple of places to investigate

If you are just getting in to writing NVD add-ons, Joseph Lee, one of our very talented and prolific contributors has just started a learning course with its own group.  Send an email to Nvda+devlearning+subscribe@groups.io to join.

There is also the regular NVDA developers group (different to the other one): Nvda-devel@lists.sourceforge.net

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 7:41 PM, Sampa <scratchoun8@...> wrote:
Hi,

I'm a new NVDA user, and an old JAWS scripter. At work, I have to use internal application with IE. For some of these applications, I would like to access quickly to a particular element (for example a form field, or a paragraph) with a keystroke.
With JAWS I used to get the id of this formfield and then set the focus on it.
As I am a beginner, I don't know how to begin my plugin. Which class and function should I use to catch the DOM object, or is there another way to proceed?
I've read a lot of things on this list and in the developper guide, but I could'nt find anything.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards

--
Quentin Christensen