From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Quentin Christensen
Sent: 14 September 2017 00:37
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Accessible antivirus programs

I must admit, on Windows 10, I also use the built in Defender from Microsoft.  This question does come up regularly though, so here are my notes from the last round of conversations on this earlier this year:

There are several anti-virus programs which are accessible with NVDA and some which are partly accessible:

Windows Defender comes with Windows 10 from Microsoft and is accessible.

One user, David Goldfield, has written a comprehensive review of Kaspersky Anti-Virushttps://davidgoldfield.wordpress.com/2016/11/16/kaspersky-antivirus-a-review-for-screen-reader-users/

Another user, Gene, has put together a whole site of information and suggestions, including for anti-virushttp://accessibilitycentral.net/nvda_road_tested_programs.html

Sonos is another anti-virus which has been recommended by some of our users: https://www.sophos.com/lp/sophos-home.aspx

If anyone checks those and finds the information out of date, or has others to add, please do chime in!

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 8:19 AM, Sarah k Alawami <marrie12@...> wrote:

Agreed. I just use what comes with my machine which is defender. If you use come sense you won't get a virus.

On Sep 13, 2017, at 2:45 PM, Randy Barnett <randy@...> wrote:

MS Defender is sufficient. I have not had a virus for over 22 years...
Too much hype out there...
On 9/13/2017 2:24 PM, Greg Rhodes wrote:

Looking for an NVDA-friendly paid antivirus program. Suggestions?

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess