proportions that it would leak out.  It sounds like a lot of you are
influenced by this idea that all news is now fake news that doesn't
agree with a particular political point of view.

On 9/14/2017 12:19 PM, Mallard wrote:
...Just because it is Russian! lol!

Il 14/09/2017 16:23, Kwork ha scritto:
Well, you do have to admit, it does have a Russian sounding name. LOL!
----- Original Message -----
From: "Mallard" <mallard@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, September 14, 2017 1:06 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Accessible antivirus programs

Gosh, sounds like when in Italy priests told the people that communists
ate children! ROFL!

Kaspersky is quite good, in fact. Only a bit cumbersome, if anything.

Ciao,

Ollie

Il 14/09/2017 04:37, Ron Canazzi ha scritto:
Hi Quentin and Group,

Be ware of Kapersky! It was all over the mainstream media that
Kaspersky is from a Russian company and it may pose a threat. Some
businesses and supposedly the NSA are worried that Kaspersky could
contain Trojans or Key loggers.

I must admit, on Windows 10, I also use the built in Defender from
Microsoft. This question does come up regularly though, so here are
my notes from the last round of conversations on this earlier this
year:

There are several anti-virus programs which are accessible with NVDA
and some which are partly accessible:

Windows Defender comes with Windows 10 from Microsoft and is
accessible.

One user, David Goldfield, has written a comprehensive review of
Kaspersky Anti-Virus:
https://davidgoldfield.wordpress.com/2016/11/16/kaspersky-antivirus-a-review-for-screen-reader-users/

<https://davidgoldfield.wordpress.com/2016/11/16/kaspersky-antivirus-a-review-for-screen-reader-users/>

Another user, Gene, has put together a whole site of information and
suggestions, including for anti-virus:
http://accessibilitycentral.net/nvda_road_tested_programs.html
<http://accessibilitycentral.net/nvda_road_tested_programs.html>

Sonos is another anti-virus which has been recommended by some of our
users: https://www.sophos.com/lp/sophos-home.aspx
<https://www.sophos.com/lp/sophos-home.aspx>

If anyone checks those and finds the information out of date, or has
others to add, please do chime in!

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 8:19 AM, Sarah k Alawami <marrie12@...
<mailto:marrie12@...>> wrote:

     Agreed. I just use what comes with my machine which is defender.
     If you use come sense you won't get a virus.
     On Sep 13, 2017, at 2:45 PM, Randy Barnett <randy@...
     <mailto:randy@...>> wrote:

     MS Defender is sufficient. I have not had a virus for over 22
     years...
     Too much hype out there...
     On 9/13/2017 2:24 PM, Greg Rhodes wrote:
     Looking for an NVDA-friendly paid antivirus program.
Suggestions?

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Official NVDA Training modules and expert certification now

Twitter: @NVAccess
--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"