Re: Code Factory Eloquence and Vocalizer add on

afrim maja <afrim.maja@...>

the sappy 5 one works  good in terms of clarity, but I don't recommend you to buy it because it may be very slow. At least on windows 8.1.

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 18, 2016, at 2:13 PM, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:

That makes sense.  It would be completely illogical to have a demo version of a program perform badly and then to have it perform better once paid for.  It would also be illogical not to inform users of this in any way.  If the SAPI5 version works well, that is the one I would get.  I've seen conflicting reports on how it works in Windows 8 and Windows 10.  I've seen it claimed that SAPI5 doesn't work well in general in Windows 8 and 10 and that the Eloquence SAPI version lags and is not properly responsive because of this.  I have seen other messages stating that it works well from some people who have tried it.  All I can say is, try the demo if interested and I would be curious to see reports.  I think others would as well.  It works very well on my XP machine and I expect it will work well on my Windows 7 machine but I haven't tried it on that machine.  It's Windows 8 and 10 that I've seen contradictory statements about.

Sent: Monday, April 18, 2016 5:49 AM
Subject: [nvda] Code Factory Eloquence and Vocalizer add on

Hello all,
I did purchase this add on today. Even once it is activated the
crackling and popping is still evident when using eloquence. I did
notice that they have
a few different voices for the vocalizer synth. I downloaded Oliver, a
UK voice, and it is not bad. I also downloaded a new female US english
voice called
Susan and she is not bad either.

Regards,
Greg Wocher