Re: Weather Plus 4.5 14.09.2017 update available

Lisa P Geibel

Hi Gene and anyone else interested,

I have used this add on for quite some time and never had issues with updating it till this version in Windows 10. It looks like I was able to update it that time and my city appears in the city list as the only one, but I get nothing when I hit NVDA+w even though all check boxes are checked and I should hear something. The volume appears to be high enough I should hear something as well. Guess I'll give up on this one this time.

Lisa E-Mail: lisapgeibel429@... Facebook: http://facebook.com/ldporter1 Twitter: http://twitter.com/LisaLisa429 Philmore box shared with hubby: 773-572-7897 Big Brother update line is option 1 of our box and the breaking TV News updates line is option 9 of our box. You can hear our wedding with option 2. God bless everyone!!!

Hi Lisa

is this the first time you have used this add on? If it is and it is installed use the nvda key + letter n to get into nvda preferences. Arrow to general settings then down to the weather plus add on.

When you get to the add on a sub menu will come off it and say nset and manage your settings press the enter key on it.

the next screen will give you a whole eahp of options. The very first place where it lands will let you put in a town or ciy etc. In my case i say put hawera then tabbed to a button that says Test
This testing the validity of city woeID entry and find the name of city assigned, or v then pressed the space bar. It will then come up with some results. You can then arrow down the results and when you find the one you want use the tab key so it lands on the ok button then press the space bar.

it will then take you back to where you typed in the name of the town or city tab once it will land you on a button that will give you details to make sure it is the correct town or city tab again and it will give you the option to add it to the list press the space bar on it.

You can also keep on tabbing and there will be other options to choose from just use the space bar to check or uncheck the boxes you want to hear. make sure you tab to the ok button then press the space bar for it to take affect.

You can also preset that place as your default when you press the nvda key + letter W

You can also add more places by repeating the steps to add more places.

If you say added 4 you can get to them quickly by pressing the nvda key + ctrl key + shift key + letter W then arrow down the list to the one you want to hear from with nvda key + W.

hope the above helps.

Gene nz

On 15/09/2017 13:45, Lisa P Geibel wrote:

Hi,

I just downloaded the add on directly from the link provided and I'm told I'm running the correct version when I check for updates, but when I try to get a report with insert+w, I hear nothing. Please help?

Lisa E-Mail: lisapgeibel429@... Facebook: http://facebook.com/ldporter1 Twitter: http://twitter.com/LisaLisa429 Philmore box shared with hubby: 773-572-7897 Big Brother update line is option 1 of our box and the breaking TV News updates line is option 9 of our box. You can hear our wedding with option 2. God bless everyone!!!

Hi Adriano

The problem i was having now is fixed i downloaded the new add on and installed it and it is up and running again as usual.

Gene nz

On 15/09/2017 09:59, Adriano Barbieri via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi to every one,

Changes in this version:
* Improved update algorithm; now the link to update is directly read from manifest url.
In this way, Weather Plus should always find the base url even in the event of a change.

Weather Plus can update alone, however, it is possible to download
manually from the following links:
http://www.nvda.it/files/plugin/weather_plus4.5.nvda-addon
or from page:
http://www.nvda.it/weather-plus/