From: "mr. Chikodinaka Nickarandidum Oguledo" <ochikodinaka@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2017 9:35 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Does Anyone Else Have This Bug in Firefox Using NVDA?

sorry. I use ie9or hirer sorry I don't use firefox.org

On 9/19/17, Tony Ballou <cyberpro224@outlook.com> wrote:
Hey Gene,

Thanks mate, I've got something to send you off list.

Tony

Hi Tony

The below is off the nvda audio tutorials page

it fixed my problem

Troubleshooting - NVDA says “unknown” or “pane” in all of your browsers,
Mozilla Thunderbird email client and other places
If for some reason you have problems with NVDA saying “unknown” or “pane”
check for the following symptoms:

In all of your browsers, or the Mozilla Thunderbird email client, no matter
what you do, you still hear “unknown” or “pane”.

In the browser, email client and other menus you notice you cannot get into
your menus, or you are unable to use the quick navigation keys

When you have been told the page is loaded and notice strange behaviour

Mozilla Thunderbird saying unknown while you try to navigate it

Your applications key does not work with it being spoken out and other
strange behaviour in Windows

The running applications icons are not being spoken out
It might be a good idea to do the following:
Please note: If you are hearing “unknown” or “pane” (as discussed above)
NVDA might seem like it is still working properly but it may not be
completely in Windows and other programmes.
You could try the following solution which will allow you to re-register
your dll files in case they are causing the problem.
Press the Windows key then type the following into the search box. Type in
“command prompt”. Once you have located command prompt, in the search
results, press the Applications key to bring up the context menu. Arrow down
to select “run as administrator” and press the Enter key. This will take you
to a command prompt window. This will not be spoken out. You may need
sighted assistance for this.
Type in the following command
for %x in (c:\windows\system32\*.dll) do regsvr32 /s %x
This should re-register all components in the system32 folder.
When it is finished, you can close the command prompt window with the Alt +
F4 key. You should notice now where NVDA was saying “unknown” as in some
examples given, NVDA should now read the icons in the running applications
area of Windows, speak the content of the webpage and menus, and also in
Mozilla Thunderbird and other places in Windows including the Windows
applications context menu.

if the above does not fix it then we can try the other suggested stuff from
jamie.

On 9/19/2017 10:59 AM, Tony Ballou wrote:

Hey Gene,

Yeah, I think it is that same bug in a different but more powerful
incarnation. It is not just affecting web browsers, and email
clients,programs like word, excel, 7.zip, Nero, and anything with a context
menu across the board are all having some sort of issue or just not wanting
to work at all. Sounds like a job for the command to re-register the system
32 folder.

Tony
On 9/16/2017 5:47 AM, Gene New Zealand wrote:

hi Tony

Is it doing the following in short? it will not read any thing in your
browsers except edge in windows 10? can you get to any of the menus in fire
fox etc? Down where the running applications area is does nvda say unknown
as you arrow through that section? If you use the context menu will it speak
any of the items in it? I am wondering if is that bug?

have a look on my nvda audio tutorials page and go to the section on trouble
shooting and look for the heading that says unknown or pane for windows
10.

I can not remember either but there is a patch etc but can not remember if
it is on that page as well. it might only be for windows 7 or 8 machines?

have a look at this ticket and read the comments down near the bottom. The
link to this page is
https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/2807#issuecomment-320149243

The steps that fixed a friends computer is on my nvda audio tutorials page.
but check out the comments first for the ticket.

Gene nz

On 16/09/2017 15:20, Tony Ballou wrote:

Hi,

I don't have that one however, I do have something similar. In firefox, and
a bunch of other apps on my machine, nvda doesn't read the menu bars, tab
controls, or certain textual areas of windows. Really odd, it happened
after installing the most recent set of updates for windows 10 version 1607.
Called the Microsoft disability answer desk and its got them scratching
their heads as well

Tony

On 9/12/2017 11:50 AM, Brandon Keith Biggs wrote:
Hello,
Does anyone else have this problem:
Start the latest stable NVDA, open the latest Firefox, restart NVDA, try to
arrow through the Firefox page. The arrow keys don’t work, just the tab
key.
Thank you,

Brandon Keith Biggs<http://brandonkeithbiggs.com/>

[https://ipmcdn.avast.com/images/icons/icon-envelope-tick-round-orange-animated-no-repeat-v1.gif]<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient&utm_term=icon>
Virus-free.

[Image NVDA certified expert]
Check out my website for NVDA tutorials and other blindness related material
at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net Regardless of where you are in New
Zealand if you are near one of the APNK sites you can use a copy of the NVDA
screen reader on one of their computers. To find out which locations (or
location) is near to you please visit
http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.org/content/partner-libraries (Aotearoa
People's Network Kaharoa). To find an NVDA certified expert near you, please
visit the following link https://certification.nvaccess.org/. The
certification page contains the official list of NVDA certified individuals
from around the world, who have sat and successfully passed the NVDA expert
exam.