De: Lino Morales
Data: 22 de setembro de 2017 21:03
Para: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Assunto: Re: [nvda] Customizing Announcement of Command Keys

Submit a tickie on Gethub or whatever that thing is called.

On 9/19/2017 3:58 PM, David Kingsbury wrote:
Hello,

Regarding bhavyashaa's comment dated on 2 Mar below, I agree totally. If NVDA just got rid of the arrow keys being announced, it would be OK to hear the other command keys. I am a trainer, and for new users, it is important for them to hear the other keys, even the most basic ones like enter, escape and alt tab. But having to listen to the arrow keys constantly really gets in the way. If this simple fix could be made in the next version of NVDA, it would really help, especially for new users and those who train them.

Regards,\
David Kingsbury

De: Quentin Christensen
Data: 19 de setembro de 2017 09:07
Para: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Clipspeak will read the following commands:

CTRL+A: Select all
CTRL+Z: Undo
CTRL+Y: Redo
CTRL+X: Cut
CTRL+C: Copy
CTRL+V: Paste

Is that what you are after?
https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/clipspeak.en.html

The idea of a more customisable "speak command keys" comes up from time to
time, but the problem is everyone wants different things. My idea would
probably be to have a simple set of options, say checkboxes for groups of
keys like:
- function keys
- arrow keys
- modifier keys

etc.

If anyone has a really clear and widely useful variant on that they'd really
like to see, do feel free to write it up on GitHub:
https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues

Regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 4:42 AM, David Kingsbury
<davidkingsbury77@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

I am aware that if you go into the NVDA menu keyboard settings, it is
possible to turn on and off the announcement of command keys. I am wondering
if there is any way to customize this. I want to hear NVDA say control C
when I copy text, control V when I paste, but it is very annoying to hear
down arrow every time I hit the down arrow. Can I set this so I can hear
some of these keystrokes, but not others?

Thanks for any help on this.
David Kingsbury